1440 Rochester Road, Leonard, MI 48367
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 am- 5:00 pm, Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS
On-Line Payment Fees
|Credit / Debit Card
||3% or $2.00 Minimum
||$3.00 Flat Fee up to $10,000
TAX REMINDER EMAIL SIGN UP: To better help property owners with paying their taxes, we have set up an email reminder notification. This is a bulk email that will notify you when bills are mailed out and again as the due date approaches. You will be able to unsubscribe at your convenience.
Please email email@example.com and request to be added to list
Summer Bills are mailed around 7/1 and due 9/14
Winter Bills are mailed around 12/1 and due 2/14
Addison Township accepts payment through the mail, using the postmark date, or at the Township offices during business hours. Tax payments may also be made at the Addison branch of Oxford Bank prior to or on the due date. There is also a drop box located to the right of the front entry door of the Township complex you may put any correspondence in, including tax payments.
Helpful Links to Forms:
Michigan Property Transfer Affidavit - https://www.michigan.gov/documents/l4260f_2688_7.pdf
Michigan Homestead Exemption - https://www.michigan.gov/documents/2368f_2605_7.pdf
Michigan Request to Rescind Homestead Exemption - https://www.michigan.gov/documents/2602f_2607_7.pdf
Late Payment of Taxes:
On March 1st of each year, the prior year's property taxes are to be paid to Oakland County Treasurer, 1200 North Telegraph Road, Dept 479, Building 12 East, Pontiac, Michigan, 48341. More information can be found at the Oakland County website: www.Oakgov.com
- Summer taxes may be paid July 1st through September 14th without penalty.
- 1% interest will be assessed on the day following the due date.
- Beginning October 1st, an additional 1% per month will be added on the first day of each month to the unpaid balance.
- Partial payments are accepted any time after July 1st.
- Winter taxes may be paid December 1st through February 14th without penalty
- Partial payments are accepted any time after December 1st.
- A 3% penalty will be added after the February winter tax due date.
- On MARCH 1st, all taxes on REAL PROPERTY are considered delinquent and must be paid to Oakland County Treasurer.
- Please check your property description. The township is not responsible if taxes are paid on the wrong description. If there is an error, contact the township Assessor.
- Failure to send or receive a tax notice/bill shall not in any way prejudice the right to collect or enforce the payment of any tax. Please make sure your address is correct.
- Check processing information: In accordance with Federal Reserve Board guidelines, personal checks that you send us for payment may be processed electronically. This means that checks generally clear faster, banks no longer return checks and bank statements are valid proof of payment.
- If summer taxes, or any part of summer taxes, are not paid by the time the winter tax bills are sent, you may find a reminder message on the winter bill.
- Checks are accepted only as conditional payment of taxes. If the bank does not honor a check, the tax is considered unpaid and will be restored to the tax roll without further notice. A service charge of $35.00 will be applied to checks returned from the bank.
- Taxes on property are calculated on the Taxable Value, for the calendar year (January 1st-December 31st) for which they are issued.
- You have the right to appear at the July and/or December Boards of Review for principal residence and/or agricultural exemptions. To appeal, contact the township Assessor immediately upon receipt of your tax bill.
DEFERMENT OF SUMMER TAXES
By law, interest will be assessed on taxes not paid by the due date. However, payment of summer taxes may be deferred without penalty or interest until the day winter taxes are due in February for the principal residence of any taxpayer who meets the following:
- Senior Citizen 62 years or older; OR paraplegic or quadriplegic, OR Totally and Permanently Disabled, OR an eligible serviceperson(widow(er)), eligible veteran(widow(er)), OR blind
- And in either situation, the household income does not exceed $40,000 per year.
Applications for Deferment are available at the Treasurer's Office and must be returned to our office by September 15th.
If your taxes are escrowed a bill has been sent to your escrow/mortgage company. Please call or email if you have questions.
"By statute, the township treasurer is required to received and take charge of all funds belonging to the township or which are required by law to be paid into the township treasury, and to pay over and account for the funds according to law or township board decision. The treasurer is the township's agent for collecting taxes." -Michigan Townships' Association
The Township Treasurer
- Collects real and personal property taxes
- Collects all township receipts
- Keeps bank records of township revenues and expenditures
- Invests township funds in approved investment vehicles
- Serves on the Board of Trustees